ion-exchange type Water Softener
A water softener is a device about the size of a computer tower. It gets plumbed in to your house, usually underneath the kitchen sink, and it takes the water as it comes into the house and runs it through a pair of softening tanks, which remove the minerals from the water that cause limescale and soap scum.
Every so often, the machine flushes the minerals from the tanks by rinsing them through with salt water, which is why it needs to be kept topped up with blocks of salt. Aside from that, you don’t need to do anything to keep it running.
At the heart of a water softener is its ion-exchange resin. The resin consists of microscopic beads, and as the hard water passes through them, they trap the magnesium and calcium ions that are in it, so the water comes out totally soft. This is a fairly simple process that’s been in use for over ninety years.
The complexity of modern softeners comes in when the resin needs regenerating. This happens when the resin has trapped all the hardness minerals it can, and needs to be flushed through with salt water. The timing of the regeneration is crucial: too soon, and you waste water and salt; too late, and you risk hard water getting into your system.
Our design uses a water meter to judge when to regenerate. We use a displacement meter – the most accurate meter there is, and the one used by water companies to calculate your water bill. It avoids a common problem: most types of meter can’t measure the flow of water if it’s very slow, which happens whenever a loft tank or toilet cistern is filling up.
What’s hard and scaly and dwells in your pipes?
No, it’s not the pet alligator your parents flushed down the toilet — he’s grown up and terrorizing the sewers of Chicago. We’re talking about hard water.
We call water “hard” if it contains a lot of calcium, magnesium or other minerals. Groundwater acquires these metals by dissolving them from surrounding soil and rock. Industry measures water hardness in terms of grains per gallon (GPG) or milligrams per liter (mg/L). A grain is defined as 64.8 milligrams of calcium carbonate. If your water tests at 1 GPG (17.1 mg/L) or less, then you have soft water. Water around 1-3.5 GPG (17.1-60 mg/L) occupies a gray zone between soft and slightly hard water and 3.5-7 GPG (60-120 mg/L) is moderately hard. Hard water is around 7-10.5 GPG (120 – 180 mg/L), and very hard water is above that.
01. By means of Absorbing the calcium and magnesium ions in water with resin, since the hardness of water is mainly composed of calcium and magnesium, in general, we adopt cation exchange resin (softener), replace Ca2+, Mg2+ (main ingredients for scale) in water, as the increase of Ca2+ and Mg2+ in resin, removing performance on Ca2+, Mg2+ of resin will gradually reduce.
02. When the resin has absorbed a certain amount of calcium and magnesium ions, it must be regenerated, the regeneration process is that flush resin layer with the salt water in salt box, replace hardness ion out of the resin again, and discharged from the tank with waste liquid of regeneration, then resin resumed the function of softening and exchanging.
03. The principle of sodium ion exchange and softening treatment is to exchange cation in the raw water with resin, hardness constituents Ca2+and Mg2+ in water exchange Na+ in resin, thus absorb the Ca2+and Mg2+ to make the water to be softened.
2RNa + Ca2+ = R2Ca + 2Na+
2RNa + Mg2+ = R2Mg + 2Na+
After the water treated by sodium ion exchanger, the Ca+ and Mg+ were superseded by Na +.
Application scope of softener
Mainly used in industry and civil water softening preparation, such as Boiler feed water make-up water, air conditioning system make up water, heat exchanger, power plant, chemical, textile, printing and dyeing, bio-pharmaceutical, Electronic system and water pretreatment.
Softener equipment applies cation resin for softing raw water,its main target is to use cation resin to adsorp (main parts of ),encreasing the hardness of raw water.
1. Users can choose manual operation control system for saving cost.
2. If users using for 24 hours can accord to water using time choosing for rebirth
3. Uses can according to water quality requirement:first grade multi-media filter,which can remove mud,rust,colloid and suspension in water.Second grade activated carbon filter,which can remove color,olfactory,biochemistry organic in water and encrease the left oxygen value and pollution in water.Third grade equiped softener equipment.
4. Effluent water capacity achieves the water supply of national low-pressure bioler.
5. Time control- type;flow control- type.In working ,apply single-tank,double-tank and multi-tank etc. other varied combination method.When choosing,users can choose as their needs.In operation,it has not only automatic function,but also is manual operation.
Technoloty index and working
Hardness of raw water: <8mmol/L
Hardness of effluent water: ≤0.03mmol/L
water flow: 0.3-100 m3/hour